HEAT Check Gaming’s “HEAT CHECK CLASSIC” NBA 2K20 Tournament
Registration for the “HEAT CHECK CLASSIC” NBA 2K20 Tournament opens at approximately 12:00 pm EST on Friday, October 25 and closes at approximately 11:59 pm on Thursday, October 31, 2019.
- This is an XBOX Online Tournament.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to register for this tournament.
- Five (5) Players per roster. No substitutions allowed.
- Up to thirty-two (32) teams may participate in the tournament.
- Entry fee: $100 per team.
- Each team must submit a team name, designate a team captain and name each of the members of their team on their registration form.
- Tournament games will be played ONLINE ONLY. Each team must have active Xbox Live and at least one designated player who will stream their tournament games from a valid Twitch account in order to participate in this Tournament.
- Tournament games MUST be streamed by one member of each team during their games.
- Once you have registered your team for the tournament, you cannot change your roster.
- Tournament games will be a best of three series.
- Teams must complete their tournament games according to the schedule set by HEAT Check Gaming.
To qualify for a draft pool spot, the player must be 18 and have graduated high school by October 22, 2019 (or, if the participant did not graduate from high school, the class with which the participant would have graduated had he or she graduated from high school must have graduated by October 22, 2019). This requirement relates only to potential draft eligibility and, subject to applicable laws and participation rules, failure to satisfy this requirement does not preclude tournament participation.
- No individual who participated in the NBA 2K League as a player at any point during the 2019 NBA 2K League season may participate in Local Tournaments or Online Tournaments involving draft pool eligibility.
- Once a team has registered for the tournament, there are NO REFUNDS.
- Prize structure: The team prize pool will be an amount of up to $3,200 (the amount of the team prize pool depends on the total number of team registrations received). HEAT Check Gaming will select one (1) player from the team declared as the winning team of the tournament, and may select one (1) other player from the tournament, and can award these two (2) participants with NBA 2K League Draft Pool eligibility*.
*All final determinations on such participants’ NBA 2K League Draft Pool Eligibility will be made in the sole discretion of the NBA 2K League and be contingent on the satisfaction of all draft pool eligibility requirements, as determined by the NBA 2K League. Without limiting the foregoing, individuals who qualify for draft pool eligibility through this Tournament must enter into the NBA 2K League’s standard player contract with the NBA 2K League and satisfy certain other requirements (e.g., satisfactory completion of background checks and social media checks) to be eligible for the draft. Additional terms may apply.
- Tournament Schedule (subject to change by Sponsor in its sole discretion)
- Open Registration: Friday, October 25
- Registration Closes: Thursday, October 31
- Announce Tournament Brackets Friday, November 1
- Begin Tournament Friday, November 1
- Complete Round 1 Games by Saturday, November 2 (EOD*)
- Complete Round 2 Games by Monday, November 4 (EOD*)
- Complete Round 3 Quarterfinals by Tuesday, November 5 (EOD*)
- Complete Round 4 Semifinals by Wednesday, November 6 (EOD*)
- Complete Round 5 Finals by Thursday, November 7 (EOD*)
- Announce Draft Pool Spots on or before Monday, November 11, 2019
*EOD – End of day, 11:59 PM EST.