HEAT Check Gaming “HEAT CHECK CLASSIC” NBA 2K20 Tournament Official Rules
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER AND MEET ALL OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Registration for the HEAT Check Gaming “HEAT CHECK CLASSIC” NBA 2K20 Tournament (the “Tournament”) begins at approximately 12:00 p.m. EST on Friday, October 25, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Thursday, October 31, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). Any entries received after the end of the Entry Period will be ineligible for the chance to enter the Tournament. The Tournament will be available for Xbox One® players only. Eligible participants must:
- a) be at least eighteen (18) years of age and a lawful resident of the United States;
- b) not be employees of, and the immediate family members of employees of the Released Parties (as defined in Section 4), and each of their affiliates and subsidiaries;
- c) not be a current NBA player; and
- d) not have participated in the NBA 2K League as a player at any point during the 2019 NBA 2K League season.
In order to be eligible for the opportunity to join the NBA 2K League draft pool, participants must have graduated from high school by October 22, 2019 (or, if the participant did not graduate from high school, the class with which the participant would have graduated had he or she graduated from high school must have graduated by October 22, 2019). This requirement relates only to potential draft eligibility and, subject to applicable laws and participation rules, failure to satisfy this requirement does not preclude Tournament participation. This Tournament is subject to federal, state and local regulations as well as all of the rules, regulations and agreements of the NBA 2K League and its affiliated entities. This Tournament is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Microsoft or Twitch.
- 2. How to Enter: Only five (5) player teams may enter the Tournament. A maximum of up to thirty-two (32) teams will be allowed to enter the Tournament. Only uniquely created amateur teams may be used by the participants in this Tournament (e.g., no NBA player avatar may be used, and no team from another esports league or any other league may be involved or referenced). Each team must complete the registration form available online at HEATCheckGaming.com and pay the $100.00 non-refundable entry fee per team during the Entry Period. Each team must submit a team name, designate a team captain and name each of the members of their team on their registration form. Participants are not able to change teams during the Tournament.
Any attempt by any person or team to use any improper means to subvert the participation process, will void all of that entrant’s and/or team’s entries and that entrant and/or team will be disqualified. Players may not register for multiple teams. By participating in the Tournament, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, the rules and guidelines of the NBA 2K League, and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Tournament.
- Conditions/Rules of Play/Tournament Schedule: The Tournament will be administered online only. Each team must have active Xbox Live and Twitch accounts in order to participate in this Tournament. Additional fees may apply. Tournament games must be streamed by one member of each team during their games. Teams must complete each round of the Tournament by 11:59 PM EST on the scheduled dates set by Sponsor. Tournament games will be a best-of-three series. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual and/or team who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Tournament, violates these Official Rules or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other individual or team.
Any content related to the Tournament, which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems to be inappropriate for publication will be requested to be removed by Sponsor. Content cannot (i) be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (ii) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (iii) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (iv) defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; (v) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, other than Sponsor’s, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (vi) contain copyrighted materials owned by others; (vii) communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; or (viii) depict, or itself be, in violation of any law.
- Friday, November 1, 2019: Tournament Begins
- Saturday, November 2, 2019: Complete Round 1
- Monday, November 4, 2019: Complete Round 2
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019: Complete Round 3
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019: Complete Round 4
- Thursday, November 7, 2019: Complete Final Round
- On or before Saturday, November 9, 2019: Announce Tournament winning team
- On or before Monday, November 11, 2019: Announce potential NBA 2K League draft pool participants
The Tournament Schedule is subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Prize and Draft Pool Selection: The team prize pool will be an amount of up to three thousand two hundred dollars ($3,200) and the selection of one (1) player from the declared winning team for NBA 2K League Draft Pool eligibility. The amount of the team prize pool depends on the number of registrations received for this Tournament. In addition, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an additional player from the Tournament for potential NBA 2K League draft pool eligibility.
All final determinations on Tournament participant’s NBA 2K League Draft Pool Eligibility will be made in the sole discretion of the NBA 2K League and be contingent on the satisfaction of all draft pool eligibility requirements, as determined by the NBA 2K League. Without limiting the foregoing, Tournament participants who are selected by Sponsor for draft pool eligibility must enter into the NBA 2K League’s standard player contract with the NBA 2K League and satisfy certain other requirements (e.g., satisfactory completion of background checks and social media checks) to be eligible for the draft. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
The winning team and potential NBA 2K League Draft Pool participants will be contacted by Sponsor via the contact information provided by participant to Sponsor. The Tournament team and the selected potential NBA 2K League Draft Pool participants must respond to such message within twenty-four (24) hours or else he or she will forfeit the prize and selection, and the runner-up Tournament team or an alternate potential NBA 2K League Draft participant will be selected. In the event of non-responsiveness as described in the preceding sentence, or noncompliance within any of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited in connection with the relevant participant or team. Each potential Tournament winner and selected participant is subject to verification by the Sponsor. Arrangements for delivery of prize will be made after Tournament participant verification. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or any portion thereof should become unavailable for any reason. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs or expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize not specified herein, are the sole responsibility of each winner. You are responsible for any tax liability, including disclosure requirements, related to participating in the Tournament. Your participation in the Tournament may result in the receipt of taxable income HEAT Check Gaming and HEAT Check Gaming may send to you, and file with the IRS a Form 1099-MISC (miscellaneous income).
- Limitation of Liability. HEAT Check Gaming, LLC, Miami Heat Limited Partnership, the Miami HEAT, the AmericanAirlines Arena, Basketball Properties, Ltd., Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, the NBA 2K League and its teams, NBA 2K League, LLC, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail, e-mails, miscommunications, entries, failed telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrants who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Tournament, or act in violation of these Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person in relation to this Tournament, as determined by the Sponsor or NBA 2K League in their sole discretion, will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other persons’ property related to or resulting from participating in this Tournament. The Sponsor will resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. By participating in the Tournament, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and causes of action (however named or described) of any kind resulting from or arising out of the participation in the Tournament and/or the acceptance, possession, receipt or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
No responsibility is assumed by any of the Released Parties hereunder for any error, including typographical and/or technological error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of electronic data; or any other problems in connection with the Tournament, including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions in the posting of the rules on-line or the functionality of any website or web or other digital service. Any trade names, trademarks or service marks shown as part of the materials associated with the Tournament are the property of their respective owners. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
The Sponsor is not responsible if the Tournament cannot take place as planned, in whole or in part, or if the prize cannot be awarded, due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, other labor disputes, fire, acts of government, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure Event”). If the Tournament cannot take place as planned, in whole or in part, or if the prize cannot be awarded due to a Force Majeure Event, or if a Force Majeure Event corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Tournament, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Tournament, the prize(s), or any portion thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time for clarification purposes.
- Publicity. By participating in the Tournament and/or accepting the prize or selection for eligibility, each winner or participant agrees to allow the Publicity Parties to use his/her name, voice, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion and/or publicity purposes in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed) without further compensation and/or authorization as permitted by law by the Released Parties and/or each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively the “Publicity Parties”).
- Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or entrant, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Florida, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
- Sponsor. HEAT Check Gaming, LLC, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132.
- Winners List: For the names of the Tournament winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 11, 2019 to: Miami HEAT Check Gaming, ATTN: HEAT Check Gaming NBA 2K20 Tournament,” 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132.